Company C, 1st Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment
Muster Roll Personal History
Roy E. Jones
- July 1942 Pvt. Original member of C-1-23 from 9th Marines. 22-31, General duty. (North Carolina)
- Aug 1942 1-31 Mess duty.
- Sept 1942 21-27, furlough
- Oct 1942 General duty
- Nov 1942 12th, promoted to PFC from Pvt., to rank from 24-Oct-42
- Dec 1942 1-15 Co. barber 16-21, furlough; 22-31 Company barber
- Jan 1943 Company barber
- Feb 1943 Company barber
- March 1943 Company barber
- Apr 1943 Company barber
- May 1943 Acting Squad leader & company barber
- June 1943 Acting Squad leader & company barber
- July 1943 Acting Squad leader, 5-11 Troop movement to Camp Pendelton, Oceanside 18-22, Temp duty at Individual Combat school, Courthouse Bay, Post
- Aug 1943 1-6 Acting squad leader; 7-17 furlough 18-31 Acting squad leader
- Sept 1943 1 - Acting squad leader; 2-21 Acting Assistant Squad leader 22nd Promoted to Corporal 22-30 Assistant Squad leader.
- Oct 1943 Assistant Squad Leader, General Duty.
- Nov 1943 Note G
- Dec 1943 (In hospital) transferred to base.
- (Later Roy was transferred trans to 21st Marines, 3rd Marine Division. See narrative in Chapter 7 of History)
- Feb 1945 KIA Iwo Jima